When you're out about in Derby personal safety may not be top of your agenda but a bit of common sense may just save your bacon. Check out our top tips for personal safety:
- Go out in a group. It's always safer and more fun.
- Use well lit routes if you're walking home or share a taxi.
- Buy a personal attack alarm, these are good for attracting attention and frightening away potential attackers or nuisances.
- Don't take too much money out in case you get drunk and lose it . Keep some aside in a safe place incase you need a taxi.
- If you are not going to use your phone while you're out, keep it out of sight and somewhere secure.
- If you are using your phone keep an eye out for what is happening around you. Theives target people who look vulnerable and 'out of it'.
- Go to SU sponsored events - it's a safer environment
- Avoid getting your drink spiked by putting a spikey in your drink. Find out more about spikeys at http://spikey.co.uk
- Make sure people aren't filming you on their phones if you're doing stuff you might regret later.
- Don't film people doing embarassing things - it can be cruel and you wouldn't want it done to you.
Have fun and be safe!