Tips & Advice
A warm welcome to our international students
Hello, and welcome to the University of Derby, where your university adventure can now begin! We know how overwhelming moving not just to university, but to a new country can be, so here are some places where you can seek support, should you need it.
We hope you have an amazing time!
Help settling in:
Common difficulties for international students include homesickness, problems integrating, language issues, culture shock, family worries and financial issues.
If you are having any of these problems, please don’t suffer in silence:
• Speak to your Hall Manager
• Contact the International Student Centre
• Get in touch with the Student Wellbeing Service
• Contact the Students’ Union Help and Advice Service
The International Student Centre:
Derby University’s International Student Centre (ISC) is located on the bottom floor of B Block at Kedleston Road. The staff there can help you with immigration queries, your student visa, finance working and adapting to life in the UK and general personal and welfare problems.
Mon- Thurs 9am – 5pm. Fri: 9am – 4.30pm. Closed at weekends.
T: +44 (0)1332 591616
This is a free and confidential service offering telephone and face to face support on a wide range of health and wellbeing issues.
Opening times: (term time)
Mon- Thurs 8.30am – 7pm. Fri: 8.30am – 4.30pm. Closed at weekends.
Helpline: 01332 592000 or ext 2000
T: +44 (0)1332 593000 or ext 3000
Union of Students:
T: +44 (0)1332 591507 or ext 1507
- Read Next
- Your guide to sorting out your visa! Where to find foods from home Leadership International Society Fantastic and FREE events programme! Make friends at the Hellenic and Cypriot Society Staff's AMAZING welcome to international students! Denzel: International student profile Handy numbers for your contact list Do you speak Derbyshire? Find out about Student Wellbeing The door is always open at The Multi Faith Centre
- Collecting mail Fantastic and FREE events programme! Events programme is now LIVE! Free day trip to Nottingham Where to find foods from home