This recipe has it all, great flavours, cheap ingredients and it's the kind of dish that you can make a big batch of, eat some, and freeze the rest to eat another day...so it's super practical too!
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- 1 onion, chopped fine
- 1 pepper, finely sliced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 large red chilli, seeds in
- 1 can of black beans, rinsed well
- Brown rice
40g Protein Powder, mixed with 50-100ml of water (if you fancy being extra healthy)
- Start boiling the brown rice.
- Fry off the onion and pepper, add the chilli and tomatoes, before adding the cumin and oregano.
- Add the black beans.
- Mix the pea protein in 50-100ml of water, add to the mix then reduce down to the desired consistency.
- Leave the mixture to simmer for 15-20 minutes to let the flavours infuse.
- Serve with boiled brown rice and top with salt and pepper.