Offers & Prizes
Derby’s brand new E bikes - £10 credit for students
There’s a handy new way to zip around the city and it’s proving very popular with students and the general public alike. E-bikes are part of Derby’s new, state-of-the-art electric bike sharing scheme which is the largest of its kind in the UK.
The brand new project provides 200 electric bikes at 30 docking stations at key locations throughout Derby. Bikes can be hired via an app or website.
Fancy trying it out? Here’s what to do:
- Register to ride through the ebikes Derby website or the Social Bicycles App for iOS or Android.
- Quote promotional code EBDUOD01 and use your Derby unimail email address when you register. This will ensure that £10 will be applied to your account once the £1 joining fee has been paid.
- You will be given a 6-digit account number and you can choose a PIN
- Press the green tick to wake up the bike. Enter your 6-digit account number and 4-digit PIN into the keypad on the back of the bike to release the U-bar.
- Place the U-bar in the holster on the left side of the bike before you leave. To make a temporary stop, press the “HOLD” button and lock the bike to a rack.
- To end a ride, insert the Ubar to lock your bike to any ebike hub or, if you prefer, any public cycle rack (additional fee may be charged). Check the screen to confirm your rental has ended.
Happy e cycling!
- Read Next
- Paradise Island Adventure Golf! NUS Extra card – over 200 savings on top brands The Orange Tree - Freshly Squeezed Cleaning your flat Time travel with the Medieval Re-enactment Society Leadership International Society Roll up and join the Buxton Circus Skills Society Join the History Society (THS) Quidditch Society - Muggles invited! Join the Mathematics Society Join the Accounting and Finance Society! Join the Human Biology Society
- Collecting mail Fantastic and FREE events programme! Events programme is now LIVE! Free day trip to Nottingham Where to find foods from home