Offers & Prizes
Derby’s brand new E bikes - £10 credit for students
There’s a handy new way to zip around the city and it’s proving very popular with students and the general public alike. E-bikes are part of Derby’s new, state-of-the-art electric bike sharing scheme which is the largest of its kind in the UK.
The brand new project provides 200 electric bikes at 30 docking stations at key locations throughout Derby. Bikes can be hired via an app or website.
Fancy trying it out? Here’s what to do:
- Register to ride through the ebikes Derby website or the Social Bicycles App for iOS or Android.
- Quote promotional code EBDUOD01 and use your Derby unimail email address when you register. This will ensure that £10 will be applied to your account once the £1 joining fee has been paid.
- You will be given a 6-digit account number and you can choose a PIN
- Press the green tick to wake up the bike. Enter your 6-digit account number and 4-digit PIN into the keypad on the back of the bike to release the U-bar.
- Place the U-bar in the holster on the left side of the bike before you leave. To make a temporary stop, press the “HOLD” button and lock the bike to a rack.
- To end a ride, insert the Ubar to lock your bike to any ebike hub or, if you prefer, any public cycle rack (additional fee may be charged). Check the screen to confirm your rental has ended.
Happy e cycling!
- Read Next
- The Orange Tree - Freshly Squeezed TOTUM card – over 200 savings on top brands Paradise Island Adventure Golf! Join the STARS (Student Action for Refugees) The door is always open at The Multi Faith Centre Your guide to sorting out your visa! Be a culture vulture in Buxton Get the App Staff's AMAZING welcome to international students!
- Work for Student Living Union of Students - Refreshers Fairs Join a focus group - earn Sainsbury's vouchers! Free yoga & meditation classes Supported running programmes