How to make Perfect Pancakes!
It's pancake day on Tuesday 13 February!
If you fancy making pancakes it's simple, just get your hands on:
- 100 grams of flour
- Half a pint of milk
- One egg
- Pinch of salt
- Sugar, butter, chocolate sauce, ice cream... whatever you want on it!
Here's how it's done:
- Put the flour, eggs, milk and a pinch of salt into a bowl or large jug, then whisk to a smooth batter.
- Set a medium frying pan over a medium heat and add a little oil. When hot, pour in the batter and cook your pancake for 1 min on each side until golden.
- If you are making a batch keep them warm in a low oven as you go. Serve with lemon wedges and sugar, or your favourite filling.
What topping will you choose?!
Our favourites are:
- The classic sugar and lemon (of course!)
- Nutella and strawberries
- Banana, greek yoghurt and honey.
- Read Next
- Cook up a delicious Welsh Rarebit Cupboard ESSENTIALS Food hacks to save you money Social Football League Cultural highlights in and around Buxton Five student friendly pubs to try out in Buxton Visit Derby’s quirkiest museum Try this delicious recipe! GO APE at Poole’s Cavern and Buxton Country Park Ten pin bowling in Derby city centre. Do you speak Derbyshire? Your Guide to Derby Day Trip to Alton Towers Scarefest
- Emergency contraception in Derby Day Trip to Alton Towers Scarefest Look after your mental health Win a hamper in our Halloween decorating competition! Speed Mating (with free pizza)