The society will make 3D printing more accessible to all University of Derby students and improve the society members' design skills whilst making fun projects together.
Short term Aims
• Learn more about 3D printing.
• Build a 3D printer and learn how to optimise 3D printers to get good prints.
• Print both university and personal projects (e.g toys of any size)
Long term Aims
• Help engineering, science and business students that are interested in gaining practical experiences by offering practical projects sourced from local SMEs.
• Offer a Non-profit and cost-competitive rapid prototyping service with design and printing for all, based at the University.
We meet most Wednesdays (and other alternated days) and look forward to seeing you!