It’s come to our attention that some unlicensed cabs are operating in Derby and using some very unfriendly techniques on customers including charging up front, overcharging and even locking people in the car.
To make sure you don’t get caught out follow these simple rules:
- Phone a reputable company like Albatross and make sure the car you get into has the company name on it.
- Refuse to pay up front. All licensed cabs should have a meter which will calculate the fare at the end of the journey.
- Try to travel in pairs or groups.
If you do get caught out take the car’s registration number and report it to the police.
Here are some licensed cab numbers to keep in your phone:
- Albatross Cars : 01332 345345
- Western Cars: 01332 331331
- Eagle City Cars: 01332 200100
- Chads Cars Ltd : 01332 666222
Be sensible, be safe!