Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.

Don't show this message again.

Tips & Advice

So I'm actually a university student: Blog post

By nicsl 25 Oct 2017

So, here I am, me, an actual university student, it’s bonkers really.

One minute I’m avoiding my family because I can’t have the ‘what are you doing with your life’ chat ONE MORE TIME! I’m thinking, 'should I just be a waitress forever since deciding what to do is way too hard', plus, being a waitress means no early mornings and I can come to work a little drunk and no one will bat an eyelid. The next minute, I am here, a fully-fledged University of Derby student, who gets up at 6am to go the gym, who reserves her drinking behaviour for Friday (and Saturday, let’s face it) nights and who completely (kind of)  knows which direction her life is going in.

Uni is just just fabulous. I love the lectures, the seminars, the atrium, the Papa Johns, the discount (wow the discount), it’s all great! I think I find it all extra exciting because I am what they call  a ‘mature student’, at 22, that sounds unlikely I know, but it is better than branding students over 21 as old, which is what I think ‘mature’ really means…

Welcome Fair was fab, I must have ran around there in a record breaking time whilst accumulating the most free stuff from pizza to instant noodles to sweets, there is something very satisfying about going home with bags full of stuff you haven’t had to pay for.

To conclude this very rambly (I know it's not a word, I'm sorry) post, everything here is so shiny and new and I think I feel excited about 90% of the time (the other 10% is when it's Friday afternoon and I. Just. Want. To. Go. Home). Coming to the University of Derby? Best decision I have ever made.

W

nicsl

nicsl is the Marketing Assistant. She likes adventuring in the Peak District, horror movies and Reading Festival.
View All Posts

Cookies help us deliver our services. By using our services, you agree to our use of cookies. You can change your cookie settings at any time.

Don't show this message again.