As much as we all love tucking into both a pizza and Chinese in one evening, really, it doesn't do your body or your bank account any good at all.
Healthy eating is a proven stress buster, so why not try some of these tasty ingredients in your cooking to boost your mood!
Top 10 Foods to Tackle Stress
- Asparagus - depression has been linked to low levels of folic acid and one vegetable that boosts this mood-enhancing nutrient is asparagus.
- Avocado - packed with vitamin B that gives you healthy nerve and brain cells to help stamp out feelings of anxiety.
- Blueberries - they may only be small but they pack a serious punch of antioxidants and vitamin C to help with feelings of stress.
- Plant based milk - a warm glass of plant based milk remedies insomnia and fidgetiness so you can get a good night's sleep.
- Almonds - replace a bag of crisps for this perfect little snack to munch on that are rich in vitamins B2 and E, boosting your immune system.
- Oranges - Part of the breakfast of champions! Flooded with Vitamin C proven to lower blood pressure and the stress hormone cortisol.
- Spinach - perfect addition to most meals, Popeye’s favourite is full of magnesium that helps regulate cortisol levels and promote feelings of wellbeing.
- Salmon - this fishy dish is rich in omega-3, which helps to keep adrenaline from flaring when you’re feeling tense.
- Turkey- perfect for boosting your mood during the wintery period as it contains an amino acid that releases the chemical serotonin, giving us a sense of calm and even tiredness.
- Oatmeal- another breakfast favourite, this also gets the calm-inducing hormone flowing, setting you up for a stress-free day!
A healthy body makes for a healthy mind, getting you set to tackle anything.......