Check this simple recipe out. It’s really easy to make and looks very impressive – Why not invite some pals over for dinner?
Tomato and mozzarella tart
1 puff pastry ready rolled sheet
4 large tomatoes sliced
1 mozzarella cheese sliced
beaten egg to glaze
tomato puree or pesto
- Unroll pastry sheets and cut each in half across length, place pastry on baking sheets.
- Spread tomato puree or pesto over pastry pieces, leaving a border of approx. 1.5cm.
- Spread tomato slices on top, again leaving a border of approx. 1.5cm
- Top with overlapping tomato slices, every now and then putting in a thin slice of cheese.
- The tomato puree/pesto should be completely covered.
- Brush borders with beaten egg and bake for 12-15 min until borders have risen up around filling and pastry is golden.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.