As March is vegetarian month we’re highlighting cheap and simple veggie recipes that anyone can make to improve their diet. Check this simple recipe out. It’s really easy to make and looks very impressive – Why not invite some pals over for tea?
Tomato and mozzarella tart
1 puff pastry ready rolled sheet
4 large tomatoes sliced
1 mozzarella cheese sliced
beaten egg to glaze
tomato puree or pesto
- Unroll pastry sheets and cut each in half across length, place pastry on baking sheets.
- Spread tomato puree or pesto over pastry pieces, leaving a border of approx. 1.5cm.
- Spread tomato slices on top, again leaving a border of approx. 1.5cm
- Top with overlapping tomato slices, every now and then putting in a thin slice of cheese.
- The tomato puree/pesto should be completely covered.
- Brush borders with beaten egg and bake for 12-15 min until borders have risen up around filling and pastry is golden.
- Sprinkle with fresh basil and serve.