Tips & Advice
What do I bring to uni?!
YOUR LIST OF TOP TEN ESSENTIALS
Unfortunately, you cannot bring all of your belongings with you to uni (especially your cat, Jim) so read on to find out what you definitely should not leave behind...
1. Your bedding including a mattress cover, pillows, pillow cases, a duvet and bed sheets (and maybe your cuddly monkey Fudge, if you can't bare to leave him at home)
2. A laptop (good for binge watching American Horror Story and writing assignments from the comfort of, well, anywhere!)
3. Notepads, pens, course books
4. Some decorations for your room such as photographs, fairy lights, posters (just leave the candles at home!)
5. Clothes (definitely make sure you remember these!)
6. A clothes horse and washing powder
7. Towels (bath and tea towels)
8. Cutlery, crockery (plate, bowl and mug) and cooking essentials (pots, pans and utensils). Remember if you're going to be living at Sir Peter Hilton Court or Princess Alice Court you'll need pans that are compatible with induction hobs.
9. Basic medicines (paracetamol/lemsip/lozenges/plasters etc). You'll 100% need these for the dreaded 'freshers flu' at least
10. Coat hangers (your clothes should not live in a pile on the floor)
- Read Next
- Feeling a bit clueless? Critical incident - be extra vigilant! Stay safe when you're out in Buxton The Halls Handbook - your go-to guide Students applying for release from halls Which hall is for you? Lost property in halls Providing emergency accommodation 24/7 internet support at halls
- The Halls Handbook - your go-to guide Which hall is for you? Policies and procedures for students in halls Live at Darley Bank next year Having visitors or going away?