Tips & Advice
Where’s your nearest supermarket?
If you're a January starter and you're new to Derby, here are a few tips on where to shop.
There are loads of places near Derby halls to buy food and other basic supplies and none of them are more than a few minutes away from halls or they’re on the walk to and from Uni:
- Sainsbury’s Local On Nuns Street near Nunnery Court
- The Co-op on Ashbourne Road
- The Co-op at Five Lamps
- Sainsbury’s Local on Kedleston Road
If you’ve got Village Vending at your hall you can buy everything from curries to condoms 24 hours a day.
- Rowlands Pharmacy, 46 Agard Street
- Lloyds Pharmacy, 5 Vernon Street
- Friar Gate Pharmacy, 68 Friar Gate
- Markeaton Pharmacy Ltd, 126 Kedleston Road
- 123 Kedleston Road, Derby DE22 (sub post office)
- Babbington Lane, Derby, DE1 1SD (main post office)
- Read Next
- The Halls Handbook - your go-to guide Stay safe when you're out in Buxton Meet your Manager: Agard Court Meet your Manager: Sir Peter Hilton Court Handy numbers for your contact list All aboard the Unibus! Feeling a bit clueless? Shop online and let charities benefit Critical incident - be extra vigilant! Student Living takes over Darley Bank
- Student Living takes over Darley Bank Making It On Your Own: Laundry Union of Students elections coming soon. Meet your Manager: Princess Alice Court Five student friendly pubs to try out in Buxton